January 8, 2013

Making the List

In 1 week, 4 hours, and 38 minutes (but who's counting) I'll be on a plane bound for  THE PHILIPPINES!!!


This will be my second trip back there and it's a loooong one...24 days to be exact but again, who's counting?  The idea of being overseas for just about a month gives me unnecessary amounts of anxiety.  Anxiety about being in a foreign country, about being with my family for a month straight without a break, about flying for 15 hours, but mostly about packing!  I'm the queen of over-packing...I'm talking 6 pairs of shoes for an overnight trip to the beach.  It's a problem.  I'm allowed 2 suitcases up to 50 lbs each, which is more than enough for my, but I'm trying to keep it to one large and one carry-on size suitcase because we are going to be island hopping and 2 large suitcases just won't be manageable.  Where to begin???

THE LIST


I'm a tad OCD, and make lists for everything.  My packing list the most extreme example of my tendencies.  I'm pretty sure this stemmed from a cruise many moons ago when I forgot to pack underpants, and I spent most of it in bikini bottoms or commando.  Neither of these options are what I'd consider comfortable so I vowed then and there to never be left pantless again.  

The list is broken down by clothes & shoes, accessories, haircare, toiletries, and electronics.  Then each of those categories are broken down further (i.e. tops, bottoms, UNDERWEAR).  I have variations of the list for different trips and frequent destinations: a wedding, the shore, skiing, Atlantic City, Savannah, and a generic list to be modified as needed.

Are you convinced I'm crazy yet???

The Philippines list has additional sections to organize my pre-trip to do's and carry on items.  The packing started last week, and I'll probably edit my choices a couple more times before I actually leave but the bags don't get zipped until I've checked off every box on the list.

Do you have any tools/tips to help you organize your packing?  Leave me a comment (or am I the only lunatic???)

No comments:

Post a Comment