December 31, 2012

New Year, New Liz

Like so many of you, I'm terrible at keeping New Year's Resolutions.  In the hopes of realizing each of my resolutions in 2013, I started early!  Yes, I made Christmas Resolutions...
2013

2013 by lizalishus featuring clinique

1) Look amazing at my brother's wedding: Little brother is getting married in May.  While the thought of my younger brother getting married before me is somewhat disheartening, and the fact that the other bridesmaids are all stick figures is confidence crushing, I will work my hardest to deter any pity of my pathetic single status by looking and feeling the best I ever have.

2) Save, save, save: I'm probably going to need a new car in 2013, which means less shoes more saving.  I've struggled with saving from the day I was born.  If I had a quarter in my pocket I was going to spend it.  I'm pretty sure this urge is genetic and passed down directly from my mother.  I'm pretty sure this is going to be the hardest resolution to keep.

3) Love the skin I'm in: I've never really taken care of my skin.  I was blessed with excellent genes which has carried me through for 35 years, but the truth of the matter is that I am 35 years old and my luck is bound to start running out.  After a recent bout with rosacea and sudden breakout on my chin I decided it was time to begin a regimen.

4) No pain, no gain: Supplemental to Resolution #1 I need to start exercising.  I know that diet alone will only get me so far in my weight loss goal, and that moving my ass is the key to success.  

5) Give you what you want: I'm going to be realistic here.  I've said in the past I'm going to try blogging at least 3 times a week.  Well, I've clearly failed at that goal.  In 2013 my plan is to blog once a week, or at least 4 times a month.

I think the overall theme for 2013 is DISCIPLINE.  It's going to be a complete lifestyle change for me, but if I can conquer each goal one step at a time and not expect to change right away I think I'll find success in 2013.

Wishing you and your families a happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year!  xoxo 

 

1 comment:

  1. These are great Christmas resolutions Liz! Saving more is on my list of to-do's this year too.

    ReplyDelete