June 22, 2011

Beachy Keen

Where does the time go???  I can't believe it's Wednesday already and I feel as though I've accomplished nothing!  Although I've checked off several items on my work to-do list, my personal to-do list is sadly untouched.  Specifically Numero Uno on the least- CLEAN OUT STORAGE SPACE!  So another month is about to pass and I will, once again, have to pay for my laziness in the form of storage unit fees.  I'd be fine if I could just figure out what to do with the 2 ginormous tv's sitting in there.  They weigh about 100 lbs each, and I'm clearly not able to lift them myself.

Anywhoooo...Last weekend Miss Liss, Midget Meg, and I drove up to good ole Fairfield Beach to Toots' beach house (fyi- Toots is Miss Liss' mom).  We were finally on the road around 8pm Friday night because it took me 2 HOURS to get home from work.  All of NJ was flooded from the severe thunderstorms that passed through the state all day.  Such a mess.  Saturday we spent most of the day on the beach sunning away and searching for sea glass.  By late afternoon we were all bored so we drove into town for a little shopping and dinner.

 Miss Liss made a new friend on Post Rd.

After dinner we headed over to my favorite beach bar "The Sea Grape"...or as Miss Liss and I call it, "The Sea RAPE".  We drank, we danced, we made nice with the bartender who gladly refilled our cocktails and sometimes forgot to charge us...thanks Debbie :)
I'm loving my new Free People tee I purchased at a local Fairfield boutique called Apricot Lane.  If you're ever in the area definitely pop into this adorable shop for a look-see.

Before heading home Sunday, the girls and I made a pilgrimage to Stew Leonard's.  For those of you not from the tri-state area, Stew Leonard's is a mix between Whole Foods and Disney World.  It's HUGE!  They have a full dairy farm on-site, a petting zoo, and animatronic singing & dancing food around every corner.  Meg shot this pic of me and Liss on our way back to the car
Meg's caption was that Liss and I were the 2 old Jewish ladies in the supermarket...and I have to agree.  What you can't see is that I'm holding an ice cream cone that I got for free for spending more money than I should have at this place.  Doesn't get more old biddy than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment