June 10, 2011

Birchbox #1

After seeing this Pretty In Pink Megan vlog about Birchbox (at about 5:45 into the video) I immediately signed up.  For those of you who haven't heard of Birchbox...like me...it's a monthly subscription of $10 and the company will send you a box of deluxe samples tailored to your beauty specs.  The site's blog "The Haute Box" also offers how-to videos...LOVE IT!  (p.s. I was not paid by anyone to provide this review) 

Well, imagine my DELIGHT when my first delivery arrived on Wednesday.

This month contained:

1) Archipelago pomegranate soap- this smells so good you'll want to eat it!

2) Kate Spade Twirl spray- not my kind of scent, but I know someone that will LOVE me for passing this along.

3) Deborah Lippman nail polish remover "mitts" (2)- these would be great for travelling since there's no spillage issue with these individually wrapped towelettes.

4) Sircuit Cosmeceuticals Molecular Mist- similar to the La Mer Hydrating Mist, this can be used before applying moisturizer, to set make-up, or a mid-day refresher.  I'll definitely keep this pocket sized spray in my make-up bag, but I like the feel and smell of the La Mer mist more.

5) Laura Geller Baked Blush n' Brighten- I was so excited that this was a full-sized "sample", a value of $29.50, of the highlighter/blush compact.  It's a rosy pink with gold which will look amazeballs when I'm tan to really set off my glow.

I can't wait for next month's box to arrive...is it July yet???

No comments:

Post a Comment