June 8, 2011

Sick Day

I've been having a very difficult time at work lately.  I'm not enjoying any of my projects, and I'm generally not happy with my management situation.  When this has happened in the past, either with work or school, I just completely shut down and become unproductive.  I've been waiting for this phase to pass, as it always does, but this time it seems to be taking MUCH longer than usual.

So what's the best way to get my mind of things...SICK DAY!  Also known as the "mental health day".  I made myself a delightful breakfast, caught up on all my friend's Facebook posts and pics, and now I'm watching Star Trek for the millionth time (I already told you I'm a nerd).

You know what else makes me feel better..SHOPPING!  Last night Miss Liss and I hit the mall looking for dresses to wear to all the upcoming wedding events we have this summer.  I had a very successful outing (click links to redirect to online shopping):

Nordstrom- a light grayish-taupey jersey dress with beautiful stone detail.  I can't decide if I'm going to wear this to the wedding in the Poconos or the one at the beach...or both!

Neiman Marcus- This dress strays so far out of my comfort zone I actually got a little nauseous paying for it.  But it's so flattering on I had to take the plunge.  Not sure when I'll wear this yet, but I'm leaning towards the beach wedding with wedges and a bold turquoise necklace.

While we were at NM I stopped in at the Louis Vuitton boutique.  I think I was still high on the Theory dress purchase, so I impulsively bought this little baby for summer:
The Damier Azur Speedy 35.  I've been stalking her for a while, and I'm so thrilled to add her to the family :)

While I was debating over the leopard dress, Miss Liss ducked out to Pottery Barn Kids and got me an AMAZEBALLS housewarming present:
Darth Vader night light, seriously in love.

And finally a recap of some Home Goods purchases for the bathroom from my weekly Sunday visit:

Something to remind me every day to just-
And sticking with my beach theme-
The picture pretty much sums up my ideal bathroom scene, and the glass vase is filled with sand and shells I stole from Hot Pants Pallay's beach themed bridal shower Friday night...good times :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment